Tips from Timothy Mean: How to build your own Time Machine. (adult supervision required)
- Find a cardboard Box, The bigger the better. If the cardboard box is big enough then you could sit inside it.
- Cut a door on the side of the box with some scissors. If your box is big enough you could also cut out some windows.
- Paint or color in the box or cover the box in aluminum foil if you would like it to look futuristic.
- Glue a toilet paper roll on each side of the door to make handles
- Make a Time Dial inside your time machine out of colored paper. Put which dates you would like on the time dial or just have “Past” “Present” “Future” as an example.
- Make buttons inside your time machine. Cut out circles or squares of colored paper and glue them inside the time machine. Remember to make a large red GO button.
- Use a calculator as a keypad. Use tape to attach the calculator to your time machine (inside or out) You can use the calculator to type in which year you would like to visit.
- Use a clothes hanger to make an antenna at the top of your time machine.
- You are finished. Now just push the button and off you go!!
NB: It is your imagination so feel free to adjust any of steps to build your own time machine as you see fit!
If you have a built a time machine I would like to see it. Please post a picture in the comments section.